1/18/16

Dust Bunnies Banished from the Bedroom!!

Weekend two of Apartment Therapy's January Cure and I didn't get nearly as far as I had hoped.

A few weeks ago I spent the day cleaning the mattress (peroxide and baking soda and a toothbrush and most of the grody stains were gone!!) And I also washed all the pillows (more peroxide!) So I had a tiny head start on the bedroom situation. Friday I managed to clean everything else but the sheets. I didn't go crazy under the bed. There isn't a whole lot of room to move it aside but I did get under with the vacuum a bit. I dusted everything from top to bottom. Turned all R's hangers around backwards and organized the bed linen on the top shelf of his closet.

Saturday I had to work job number two and ended up catching a cold and woke up pretty miserable Sunday almost afternoon. Zero energy but I still manged to tidy my room and tackle a pile of towels that needed be folded weeks ago.

Today I left work at noon, because I couldn't breathe and didn't have any drugs. I advise against shopping while sick AND hungry because I ended up with some bad bad things. Ooops.

Anyway, I took some pictures of the bedroom before and after :)


 A bit disheveled, but not terrible

R's dresser. 

 My end table. I swear it didn't look that dusty until I turned the lights up!

View of R's closet - We didn't bother putting any closet doors back up either. Eventually we're going to combine some hall and closet space into our bedroom to enlarge it and then "my" room will be turned into a kick ass walk in closet. 

 Freshly washed comforter, vacuumed curtains, dusted alllll the things

 My end table. Much better. Found a box that fits on the shelf to hold my extra blanket. It's a bit too big, but it was something I had handy.

 Much better!

Hangers turned around, laundry put away, extra junk from the closet gone (ahem... to the table in the kitchen :( ... working on it) 
Skylines by local JPH photography 

No comments:

Post a Comment