1/8/16

January Cure Time!

WORDS! 

I never thought I would see the day where I was excited to clean something. What the heck is wrong with me? Lots of things, I know. Anyway, It's time again for The January Cure. If you're new to this, it is an awesome month long cleaning marathon hosted by Apartment Therapy (You may have seen our pantry featured on its sister site, The Kitchn) Each day and weekend, they assign a new cleaning and organization task. Some are pretty invloved, like the first one. CLEAN ALL YOUR FLOORS! No joke, this was a weekend long task. Though I managed to pull it off without a hitch. Ok.. ok.. I didn't clean R's Office, because I don't want to mess with his "organized mess" ;) But all the rest of the floors got a really good cleaning. Kitchen scrubbed until it actually almost looks clean! I didn't take any pictures, because honestly, you can't tell. The floors are in such bad shape that when they are clean they just look slightly less dirty.

A week in to The Cure, and I'm pretty much on schedule. I allowed myself to skip the Pantry purge, because, well, I just don't need to. Having a pantry as clean and organized as mine has been for the last 5-6 months makes a heck of a difference. I use stuff up, because I can see it. I don't buy too much or duplicates, because I can see what I have and what I don't without much effort at all. I've got a pretty good min/max system going on too. So far so good anyway. Check in with me again next year and see how it holds up haha!

I didn't get a drawer done last night, due to a late night out (fun!) but since I'm sort of ahead of the game on this weekends task, (See this post for all the kitchen cleaning I've done recently)  I figure I can roll it up and tackle it all at the same time, since the questionable drawer is in the kitchen anyway!

I'll be cleaning drawers and cabinets this weekend and should have some fun new photos to share on Monday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment